Tips for Reducing Stress
These are some of my favorite tips for reducing stress:
1. Become aware of your stress triggers so you can choose analternative response to stressful situations
2. Don't sweat the petty stuff and realize that most of it is just that.
3. Practice gratitude. You can't be stressed and grateful at the same time so if you notice yourself getting upset about something, think about something you are grateful for. This is one of my favorites and works well for me.
4. Practice Acceptance. You really can't control EVERYTHING so stop trying. Accept the things you cannot change.
5. Eat well and take time to sit down for meals rather than eating on the run.
6. Take a break from multi-tasking. For a while give each thing you are doing at any time your full and undivided attention.
7. Pick one major task to be accomplished each day and no more.
8. Do something to have some fun every day of your life even if only for 15 minutes.
Susan Owen-Thursfield for these extra tips.
9. Drink lots of water - helps your body systems be less stressed
10. Get enough sleep - 7.5 hours a night is good
11. Laugh a lot (I like that one).
Tell us Your Tips for Reducing Stress
Do you have a great tip that works for you? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
One stress buster ...
Laugh and Breathe
Switch your mind and Call a friend
Additional Ways to Reduce Stress